דפים

יום רביעי, 10 בספטמבר 2008

Sanding day

Gosh I'm so tired today...................
I have to sand more then 30 beads and I don't really have the time to take my time.
You know that I'm sanding obsessed, I sand and buff my beads by hand, call me crazy but I didn't really like the sanding machines, and I bought two of them, one was really professional machine but I still returned it to the store.
It's just that I have to feel the sanding in my hands, I have to have control on the speed, on the amount of pressure I put on the bead and I have that every thing will be just perfect in order to put my beads out for sale.
I guess its in my character, I'm sort off a freak control and I tend to stick to the old ways of working (Don't ask about my wood rolling pin, o.k?)
Yap, I never take the short way so I work hard but feel very proud and happy with my creations.
I know....I know it's not really economic to work like I do, there is a lot of polymer clay beaders out there that don't sand at all, just applying two coats of glaze and sell in the same price that I sell.
But I don't know how they sleep at night, really, If I think that my work is not perfect from every aspect, I wont put it on sale.
I want my beads and my creations in general to justify every penny that my customers pay.
So custom orders take time, specially big orders (like I have at the moment), and that put me under a lot of pressure because I have to work fast but I have to keep my beads in great shape and finish.
Working from home is a big obstacle too, because I'm here, I see all the morning clatter and I have to make my self ignore and sit on my @$^%&**^ and work!
I have to be a really tough boss to myself otherwise I can close my business down.
It's not fun you know....people think that it's easy to work from home, they think that it's kind of freedom or something, that I sit leg on leg all they with a cup of coffee in my hand and make a bead or two per day.
But it's totally not easy or fun, I work my butt of and then take my boys from school and make lunch and do every things that almost every other mom in the world do and in the end of the day I find my self sitting near my working table and keep going.
My work is here all day long and I can't leave it at work, I live my work and you know what? I love every freaking moment!
(Now back to the sink!)

אין תגובות:

הוסף רשומת תגובה

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...