דפים

יום שלישי, 13 במרץ 2012

My last door sign for the time being - השלט האחרון שלי לתקופה הקרובה

door sign for the Descalo family

door sign for the Descalo family

This is my last door sign for the time being.
I've decided to relax a little and take a break from making them.
I could tell you stories as to why, but it would be simplest to tell you the truth.
The truth is that door signs put me under a lot of pressure.
Customers, expectations of me and my own expectations of myself are very very high.
I find myself in a situation where I simply can't bring myself to start working, I can't get into it.
Every figurine seems like the Everest, a long and difficult climb to the top.
I don't know what happened and where the fun went, but I want to enjoy my work.
It's important to me to create while enjoying myself, while happy and having a good time.
When that isn't the case, you need to stop for a moment and take a deep breath.
What happens is I find myself pushing off orders, time goes by and the pressure grows because I know the customers are waiting.
I really enjoy sculpting and using my creativity, but it's hard for me to be creative while under pressure and even harder for me to be creative when I know the customer paid in advance and I have to work quickly to get the order out in a decent amount of time.
Somewhere along the way I lost a bit of the fun and the creativity and what am I worth without my creativity?
The door signs take up a lot of my time, and together with a house and three kids, I just can't find a spare moment for anything else.
My head is full of wonderful ideas and I'm just waiting to create new things, but the reality is that I simply can't get around to it.
So I've come to a decision- to take a break, and the minute I came to that decision, I felt enormous relief!
I suddenly had room in my head for other things, a sudden rush of new bead designs and other new products.
I also have some time for my jewelry which I really enjoy making.
I just feel the need to move on, to move forward.
And although the door signs are in high demand, I've decided to press the pause button and listen to my heart.
I promise to send an update once I get my creative energy back and decide to go back to making signs.

זה השלט האחרון שלי לתקופה הקרובה.
החלטתי להוריד מעצמי קצת לחץ ולקחת הפסקה מהשלטים.
אני יכולה לספר לכם עכשיו סיפורים, אבל הכי פשוט לומר את האמת והאמת היא שהשלטים מכניסים אותי ללחץ מאוד גדול.
רמת הציפיות של הלקוחות ורמת הציפיות שלי מעצמי מאוד מאוד גבוהה.
אני מוצאת את עצמי מגיעה למצבים שפשוט קשה לי להניע ולתחיל לעבוד, קשה לי להיכנס לזה.
כל דמות הפכה להיות כמו הר אוורסט, טיפוס ארוך ומייגע לפסגה.
אני לא יודעת מה קרה ולמה איבדתי את הכיף, אבל מאוד חשוב לי להנות מהעבודה שלי, ליצור בכיף ובשמחה וברגע שלא היה לי את זה,הייתי חייבת לעצור לרגע ולקחת נשימה עמוקה.
מה שקורה זה שאני מוצאת את עצמי דוחה הזמנות, הזמן עובר ואז הלחץ גדל עוד יותר כי אני יודעת שהלקוח מחכה להזמנה שלו.
אני מאוד נהנית לפסל ולהיות יצירתית, אבל מאוד קשה לי להיות יצירתית תחת לחץ ועוד יותר קשה לי להיות יצירתית כשאני יודעת שהלקוח שילם מראש ואני חייבת לתקתק עבודה ולספק אותה בפרק זמן סביר.
זה קצת איבד מהכיף, מהיצירתיות שבעניין ומה אני שווה בלי היצירתיות שלי?
השלטים גוזלים ממני המון המון זמן ועם בית ושלושה ילדים אני פשוט לא מצליחה להגיע לדברים אחרים.
הראש מלא רעיונות נפלאים ורצון ליצור דברים חדשים, אבל בפועל, אני פשוט לא מוצאת זמן לזה.
אז הגעתי להחלטה, לקחת הפסקה, וברגע שהחלטתי חשתי הקלה עצומה!
פתאום הראש פנוי לדברים אחרים, פתאום רעיונות לחרוזים ולמוצרים חדשים.
יש לי גם קצת זמן פנוי לתכשיטים שאני מאוד נהנית ליצור.
אני פשוט מרגישה צורך ללכת הלאה, להתקדם.
למרות הביקוש הרב לשלטים, החלטתי בכל זאת, לעשות פאוז ולהקשיב ללב שלי.
אני מבטיחה לעדכן ברגע שאמלא את מצבר היצירתיות ואחזור לשלטים.
                                           
                                                        ♥♥♥

אין תגובות:

הוסף רשומת תגובה

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...